The REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI) is a membership organization created for and by land experts, dedicated to building knowledge, building relationships, and building business for its members- the extraordinary real estate professionals – who broker, lease, sell, develop, and manage our most precious resource: the land. Originally named the Farm & Land Institute, the organization was founded in 1944 and was originally an affiliate organization of the National Association of REALTORS®. Read more about the REALTORS® Land Institute history here.
The organization offers programs and services designed to:
- provide superior land education and professional development programs
- encourage open knowledge sharing and interaction among members
- develop networking and referral opportunities
- make deals and add to productivity
- serve as a voice in Washington on land-related issues
Members of the organization specialize in land brokerage related to:
- farms, ranches, recreational, timberland, and other specialty land properties
- undeveloped tracts of land
- transitional and development land
- subdivision and lot wholesaling
- site selection and assemblage of land parcels
- appraisals and land valuation
- farm and land management
Members of the REALTORS® Land Institute may earn the prestigious Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation, which is conferred to only those land specialists who complete a rigorous education program and who achieve a volume of successful land transactions. Learn more about the ALC designation here.